Communicating High Expectations for All Students
- Growth v. Fixed Mindset.
- Research by Carol Dweck on the impact of mindset
- Consider the characteristics of a growth mindset classroom
- Well-known teachers with a growth mindset and the achievements of their students
- Explore additional research by:
- Jamie Escalante
- Marva Collins
- Demonstrating Respect and Valuing All Students.
- Cultural responsiveness
- Accommodating differing needs and diversity of students
- Providing Challenge and Support for Each Student.
- Directing challenging questions to all students
- Probing and cueing all students for more complete and accurate responses to questions
- Keeping track of distribution of higher level questions to insure equal opportunity to learn at high levels
- Supporting Documents & Videos.
Florida’s Common Language of Instruction
Alphabetical listing of Florida’s common language terms and definitions used to refine conversations and increase clarity
Marzano SBI Alignment Chart
The Florida State Model for Classroom Teacher Professional Learning and Evaluation and Alignment to Standards-Based Instruction
Danielson SBI Alignment Chart
The Charlotte Danielson Framework for Effective Teaching and Alignment to Standards-Based Instruction
Data Analysis and Cause and Effect
Corresponding Handout for Data Analysis and Cause and Effect from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
Certification Training Agenda
Agenda for Phase 4 Certification Trainings
High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation
Presentation Slides for High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
Implementing High-Effect Size Strategies
Corresponding Handout for High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
High Effect Size Strategies
List of Indicators that have a Positive Impact on Student Learning Growth
Instructional Strategies- Force in Motion
Video of an Elementary Teacher Demonstrating High Effect Size Instructional Strategies.
High Performance Schools
Video of an Elementary School Teacher Speaking about School Success.
Strong Classroom Management
Video of a High School Teacher Discussing Engaging Teaching Strategies and Demonstrating a Chemistry Experiment