Establishing Strong Teacher-Student Relationships
- Effect Size & Research.
- Visible Learning Effect Size for Strong Student-Teacher Relationships: 0.72
- Not Labeling Students Effect Size: 0.61
- Building Mutual Respect and Strong Rapport.
- Consistently use verbal and non-verbal behaviors to demonstrate caring and concern for students
- Create a risk free environment where all students are comfortable asking questions, responding to questions, accepting challenging work and are open with one another about what they know, and what they want to know
- Students ask and offer help freely to one another
- Demonstrating Cultural Competence.
- Has high expectations for every student
- Understands and expects students to approach proficiency in different ways
- Celebrates diversity as a strength in the classroom environment and in the community
- Supporting Documents & Videos.
Florida’s Common Language of Instruction
Alphabetical listing of Florida’s common language terms and definitions used to refine conversations and increase clarity
Marzano SBI Alignment Chart
The Florida State Model for Classroom Teacher Professional Learning and Evaluation and Alignment to Standards-Based Instruction
Danielson SBI Alignment Chart
The Charlotte Danielson Framework for Effective Teaching and Alignment to Standards-Based Instruction
Data Analysis and Cause and Effect
Corresponding Handout for Data Analysis and Cause and Effect from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
Certification Training Agenda
Agenda for Phase 4 Certification Trainings
High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation
Presentation Slides for High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
Implementing High-Effect Size Strategies
Corresponding Handout for High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
High Effect Size Strategies
List of Indicators that have a Positive Impact on Student Learning Growth
Instructional Strategies- Force in Motion
Video of an Elementary Teacher Demonstrating High Effect Size Instructional Strategies.
High Performance Schools
Video of an Elementary School Teacher Speaking about School Success.
Strong Classroom Management
Video of a High School Teacher Discussing Engaging Teaching Strategies and Demonstrating a Chemistry Experiment