Demonstrating Effective Lesson Pacing and “Withitness”
- Maximizing Instructional Time.
- Teachers are aware of how every minute of their class time is being used and they plan accordingly
- Transitions take seconds
- Students follow routines and know what to do and where to go in various learning activities
- Guided reading, shared reading
- Work stations
- Cooperative groups
- Computer stations
- Checking for Understanding.
- Use of effective questioning techniques
- Group check techniques
- White boards
- Quick written formatives
- Exit tickets
- Capitalizing on Teachable Moments.
- Teachers recognize when a student makes a point that can have a powerful impact on the learning of others and digs deeper to use it as such
- Supporting Documents & Videos.
Florida’s Common Language of Instruction
Alphabetical listing of Florida’s common language terms and definitions used to refine conversations and increase clarity
Marzano SBI Alignment Chart
The Florida State Model for Classroom Teacher Professional Learning and Evaluation and Alignment to Standards-Based Instruction
Danielson SBI Alignment Chart
The Charlotte Danielson Framework for Effective Teaching and Alignment to Standards-Based Instruction
Data Analysis and Cause and Effect
Corresponding Handout for Data Analysis and Cause and Effect from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
Certification Training Agenda
Agenda for Phase 4 Certification Trainings
High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation
Presentation Slides for High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
Implementing High-Effect Size Strategies
Corresponding Handout for High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
High Effect Size Strategies
List of Indicators that have a Positive Impact on Student Learning Growth
Instructional Strategies- Force in Motion
Video of an Elementary Teacher Demonstrating High Effect Size Instructional Strategies.
High Performance Schools
Video of an Elementary School Teacher Speaking about School Success.
Strong Classroom Management
Video of a High School Teacher Discussing Engaging Teaching Strategies and Demonstrating a Chemistry Experiment