Establishing a Culture of High Performance
- Vision and Mission.
- Leaders demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for their vision and mission
- The vision is consistently communicated in various formats, at various times, to various audiences
- Staff and students know the mission and connect to their work
- Clear Expectations for Adult Performance.
- Teachers are clear about what is expected of them every day as it related to the mission of the school
- There is a shared understanding of quality instructional practice
- The leader demonstrates a commitment to building the capacity of all staff to improve performance
- The leader has a sense of urgency that permeates the culture
- Reciprocal accountability is evident - high demands are made of staff and high support is provided to hit goals
- Underperforming teachers are addressed relentlessly, and respectfully
- Growth and progress towards excellence are celebrated often
- Staff members feel a sense of accountability to each other and to the students
- Supporting Documents & Videos.
Florida’s Common Language of Instruction
Alphabetical listing of Florida’s common language terms and definitions used to refine conversations and increase clarity
FSLA SBI Alignment Chart
The Florida School Leader Assessment and Alignment to Standards-Based Instruction
Data Analysis and Cause and Effect
Corresponding Handout for Data Analysis and Cause and Effect from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
Certification Training Agenda
Agenda for Phase 4 Certification Trainings
High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation
Presentation Slides for High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
Implementing High-Effect Size Strategies
Corresponding Handout for High-Effect Size Practices & Teacher Evaluation from Phase 4 Certification Training for Download and Use as Professional Development in Florida Charter Schools
High Effect Size Strategies
List of Indicators that have a Positive Impact on Student Learning Growth
Video of High School Principal Discussing Collaborative Teams.
Video of a High School Principal Explaining How Teachers set Deliberate Practice Goals.
Building Strong Relationships
Video of an Elementary School Principal Discussing Strong Relationships.